Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Suing Comcast

I did a brief search of registered agents in DC. (When suing in small claims, one must sue the local registered agent.)

Comcast appears to be registered in the District as follows:
C T CORPORATION SYSTEM
1015 15TH STREET, N.W. STE. 1000
Washington, DC 20005
Again, this was just a brief look. I'll spend some time soon confirming this information, but it might not be today. I plan to file suit approximately the same time I send demand for payment, since it may take some time to get a court date anyway.

Some good news: DC Small Claims court is under 2 miles from my house, they have evening hours on Wednesday, and have morning hours on Saturday. Plus, it will cost me just $10 to file suit for $1400 in damage, and another small amount to serve by certified mail. Easy stuff.
Small Claims and Conciliation Branch
510 4th Street N.W., Room 120
Washington, D.C. 20001

No comments:

Post a Comment