Monday, May 18, 2009

Frank Eliason

Lots of activity today.

I exchanged several emails with Frank Eliason (Frank_Eliason@cable.comcast.com), apparently known in the Twitter-verse as "ComcastCares". I reached him by emailing We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com. He also saw the email I submitted to Rick Germano.

Kudos to Frank, he's very responsive. We exchanged several emails in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately, there's still very little real help. He initially referred me to Liberty Mutual, but when I noted that they already denied the claim, he repeated the dodge I've heard numerous times already: with no plate number, they won't accept responsibility. He even went so far as to say that it might be a 3rd party vehicle, not one owned by Comcast, and suggested I file with my own insurance.

I made the following points:
1) "Your local security team has done nothing but stonewall since day one. Had they started investigating after my very first phone call to Mark Allen, perhaps they might have found the driver responsible. Now we are almost 2 months later. Who knows if the driver even still works there?"

2) "No I do not have an identifying number. I have only the eyewitnesses. If I had a plate number, this wouldn’t be such a problem and wouldn’t require assistance from Comcast staff. And I honestly don’t care whether the vehicle is owned by a third party. They’re out there representing and working for Comcast. If you can’t hold them to your “high” standard, then you shouldn’t contract with them."

3) "I have full collision coverage on my vehicle, and when necessary, I will have them pursue this through subrogation. But I should not need to enter a claim with my insurance, potentially affecting my rates. If Comcast wants to be a respectable member of the community, Comcast should cover the damage. If you damage someone’s property, you should offer to pay for it; that’s what honest people do.

4) "I intend to pursue this to resolution, including court if necessary. Perhaps witnesses will be enough, perhaps not. If need be, a judge will decide."


Frank's final response was that their regional office is awaiting information from the police, and that is the current holdup.

No comments:

Post a Comment