Monday, May 18, 2009

Rick Germano

I emailed Rick Germano, SVP of Customer Operations. Although I don't expect much to come from this action, it seems like a useful documentation/procedural step for presenting a case in small claims court. I included the following text:
A Comcast van sideswiped my parked car on 3/27/2009, and kept on driving. Witnesses saw the accident, and saw the van leave the scene, but did not get the plate number. I filed a police report (report #040557, First District DC Police), and I've contacted numerous people at Comcast. No one at Comcast plans to take any responsibility, despite the witness account. I would like Comcast to pay for the damage, approximately $1430.00.

Please help!
Thank you,
Joseph Marin

Additional information:

My blog about the problem is here: http://comcast-hitandrun.blogspot.com

I've been in touch with the following people at Comcast:

Marlene and Harold at customer service (202-635-5100), damage claim #1158320
Mark Allen - 202-832-2001, x-5501
Stephanie Wilkins - 202-635-5529
Jason Grimes - 301-836-9394
Billy Nielsen (Liberty Mutual) - 800-852-6662 x-267
City_Desk@cable.comcast.com
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

I've posted the complaint on these sites:
Complaints.com
GetSatisfaction.com
MeasuredUp.com
ConsumerAffairs.com
as well as numerous Comcast group pages on Facebook.


6 comments:

  1. hi, a comcast van totaled out my 2007 chevrolet crew cab, they are giving me the run around too, did you get any help? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing will be taken care of unless you have a truck ID # or license plate number. If you have no proof don't expect anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is for the gentleman that posted about the 2007 chevrolet crew cab. Are you sure it was a "Comcast Van" and not a contractor because "Comcast" is not responsible for another companys wrong doing or property.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I wish I would have had internet service a few days ago while I was using up over 400 minutes on my pre-paid cell phone to try to get a situation resolved with Comcast. You amazingly have most of the telephone numbers posted to which I was requesting and everyone refused to give. They eventually gave me one #, but conveniently it was at 8pm CST on a Friday evening! This company's customer service is atrocious and I explained to the an employee in the presidents' office that it is my new life mission to cause them to loose as many customers as possible.
    Thank you sooo much for your site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the statute limitation of your case hasn't expired you should sue Comcast at their Corporate Office for the money back for your car. Especially since they are at fault and you have eyewitnesses and if it goes to court they will have to subpoena the eyewitnesses as well for their testimony. Comcast is a low and dirty company and the more people let them get away with stuff the more above the law Comcast will feel that they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A comcast van hit me too! I had to pay out of pocket $3900 and their insurance is denying my claim when there were witness statements and a collision investigation. Im so mad I want to take them to court and get what I can from them. I originally just wanted them to pay for the damages they caused but now I feel like making them pay for any of my chiropractic appts. I went to after the collision.

    ReplyDelete