Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Empty Call

I think I've coined a new term: "Empty Call":
Emp-ty Call [emp-tee kawl]
-noun
a phone call containing nothing, i.e., conveying no usable information

On the rare occasion where I actually get a call back from someone at Comcast, there is never any useful information in it. Lisa called back a few minutes ago. Sharon is apparently "gone for the day", but Lisa forwarded my information to the executives, and said one of them would definitely call back today or tomorrow.
Me: "Definitely?"
Lisa: "Yes, someone will definitely call you back between now and the end of the day tomorrow."
She would not, however, provide any contact information for these mysterious executives.

Anyway, I promised her I would definitely call her back at the end of the day tomorrow, if I had not heard from the "executive".

No comments:

Post a Comment