Monday, April 20, 2009

Raising the Stakes with Mark Allen

I'm pissed now.

I try Mark Allen's number again, and get his voice mail. Again. This time I leave a message with the following points:

1) Although the damage estimate is relatively small (under $1500.00), I expect them to pay for it since their vehicle was responsible.
2) Police are backlogged, of course, but they indicated to me that they'd begin their investigation shortly. I promised Mr. Allen that I would be providing his name and phone number to the police, as well as the damage claim number I submitted to Marlene on March 30.
3) Michele (my wife -- a public relations professional) and I would be pushing a local news organization to do a story on service vehicles causing damage in the district, and he could expect a call requesting his statement.
4) I will be suing in small claims court, and plan to name him as defendant in small claims court.

None of that is a bluff, although it certainly remains to be seen whether we can orchestrate any effective PR pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment